Two Dads are Better than None

The adventures of two very adorable gay men trying to become fathers in a crazy ass world

I  am on day 3 of a master cleanse. I have done this before and Greg hates it since it means I consume nothing but lemon/syrup drinks and a morning salt water flush...which leaves him high and dry. It is TRULY one of the biggest tests of will power I have ever done, and I want to do this for 21 days..yeah right. If I can do 10 proper days plus come down from it PROPERLY (ie. slowly over three days) then I will be happy. Here are the things about doing this that I like for those who have never done it. This is my 3rd fast and while they are hard, I get something from it.

1. You lose weight quite quickly, but that should not be the main reason you do it.
2. You do cleanse your body, mind and spirit
3. It gives you a break from food and you have a chance to *really* think about what you eat and why
4. If you can survive three days you have lots of energy, clarity and you think you are superhuman (author's opinion)
5. You get to change you relationship with food (below you will see a list of rules I want to live by)
6. You save money (yeah I am cheap b1atch!! so what!)
7. Your sense of smell awakens
8. You realize how much phlegmy food we inhale
9. You get a chance to focus only on how you will eat in the future (and not in the next 10 minutes)
10. It really makes you want to eat healthier in the future

So along this vein, while I am all high and mighty like someone who has consumed no food in three days, I am composing the list below titled "HOW I HAVE CHANGED MY ATTITUDE TOWARDS FOOD AND WHAT I WILL DO IN THE FUTURE"

1.  Anytime you go out to restaurant, skip the appetizers and immediately cut your food in half to take home after you get it. If your dinner companion wants to share a meal, all the better.
2. Chew SLOWLY and many times and REALLY savor the flavor. Put your fork down after each bite.
3. One things we already do that helps is to eat off smaller plates. Big plates = big bellies
4. I promise to make a very concerted effort to eat breakfast and take snacks to work.
5. I will read more cookbooks and plan healthier light meals, even if it means going by the store on the way home.
6. Things gluttonous should be shared and taken in small quantities.
7. I will try to eat before 7pm and never after 7:30 (Greg, are you reading this????)
8. Other strategies I will use: fiber pills, Alli with fatty meals, MORE beans, lentils, veggies and fresh stuff
9. We are going to start experimenting and trying to make new foods. Once we perfect it we will have company.
10. Always stop and thing about food the same way you do when you are fasting.

Wish me luck. I am 15 pounds from my goal! Once I get there, I will stay there!!!

0 comments:

About this blog

We are a committed gay couple of almost 10 years who are trying to start a family of our own. This is our story.

Those I Love

Followers