Two Dads are Better than None

The adventures of two very adorable gay men trying to become fathers in a crazy ass world

My life is an open book, so for the betterment of all "metro-sexual" kind everywhere, here are some tips of performing a chemical peel for guys everywhere that want to look better.

Here is how guys can perform a simple chemical peel. It helps even out skin color and has long been used to freshen up your skin. I AM NOT A DOCTOR so you use this at your own risk. I am merely posting the results of my own experiment.

YOU MUST PLAN FOR 5-7 DAYS OF NOT REALLY GOING OUT IN PUBLIC, AT LEAST NOT THE FIRST 4-5 DAYS OR SO.

Being curious how the results would be, I purchased a home kit on ebay that came with instructions and 100% strength acid. The two big kinds are Glycol and TCA. You need to dilute them to at least 30%. I did 50% and it burned like hell. I could only last with it on my face for a minute and a half. You also have to watch out because rinsing it off over the sink may cause some to get in your eye. If that happens, start flushing it out and get help. This is not child's play. Remember, you are putting acid on your face and it should "frost" after applying it. In hind site, do a weaker solution instead of what I did. Trust me. Apply it carefully using a q-tip or cotton pad. I preferred to wipe it on with a pad, but it quickly started burning.
After you have neutralized the acid, wash you face with a gentle cleanser. Do it gently. You have just burned off a few layers of skin. Apply the ointment, aloe, vaseline, whatever you have that will not irritate the skin and will add moisture and protect the skin. You may want to fan your face since it will burn and hurt somewhat. Ice packs wrapped in towels are ok too.

The next 24 hours will feel like you have a really bad sunburn. Keep it moist and in a protective healing state. By the next couple of days your face will scab into dark brown skin patches. This is normal. For days it will feel like you have a very tight mud mask on your face.
Give your face a few days to heal and you can and wait for it to begin cracking after it has crusted over. Sounds gross I know, but soon you will have pieces of your skin falling off.
I let mine dry out some by putting a warn cloth on my face. Moisturize and use Advil if it gives you comfort. You should let it do its own thing and TRY HARD not to pick it off. That exposes unhealed skin and can leave scars. Do not even think of going out without SPF 30 on and a ball cap. You face does NOT need sun now, so block it well.

As your skin peels/falls off you will see smooth red skin below it.
Don't rush it and let your face flake off slowly and you will have brighter more even skin beneath it. Remember that you should NOT do this if you have important places to be at least 5 days after applying it I think. You will scare people.

I have included some picture of what I looked like during the process starting at day 1 through day 6 or 7. At the risk of embarrassing myself for the advancement of metros everywhere you can see them here, so don't make fun!

Let me know if you have any questions!


1 comments:

Anonymous said... 8:57 AM  

that's insane! You put acid on your face?? All in the name of beauty, eh? Well, are you happy with the results? I think you looked quite nice before, but maybe that's because I'm uncultured and rustic...

About this blog

We are a committed gay couple of almost 10 years who are trying to start a family of our own. This is our story.

Those I Love

Followers

Blog Archive