Two Dads are Better than None

The adventures of two very adorable gay men trying to become fathers in a crazy ass world

Here is a story that will be passed down for generations in my family..As I try to type this up I will have to stop from laughing so hard..

A couple of years ago my mom and Dawson came from Canada to Dallas for the weekend. Through a friend of hers who had a private residence at the very swanky Hotel Zaza, she was able to secure a very nice private apartment next to it with a view that overlooked the Dallas skyline.

They were staying there for the weekend and invited the family over for some wine and cheese so we could act like big shot high rollers. When I asked my mom about the set up, she mentioned that another friend of this friend also had a key to this place, but she was *likely* not stopping by. I thought it would be funny if *she* did.

Being the sneaky son I am, we had some friends coming over that my mom knew, but one friend, Val, who she had never met. You see, my mom had no idea what this woman looked like who supposedly had rights to the place too.

So my mom was having wine and feeling oh so cool in the Hotel ZaZa when I executed my plan. I got Dawson in on it since he also knew my mom was a bit afraid of this stranger showing up, who had a key and potentially more rights to the apartment than she did.

Before all my friends came up to check the swanky digs, I gave Val the key and told her to come in the apartment a few minutes later and just unlock it like she owned the place.

This is where it gets good... so friends come in and are ohhing and ahhing at the nice place and the view of the skyline when Val walks in like she owns the place. My mom has a rather shocked look on her face as this woman she has never met comes walking in as she is in the midst of entertaining as though it were HER place. My mom smiles politely and says some name, and then Val says that she was supposed to have the place this weekend. So Dawson chimes in about packing and moving to a Holiday Inn when I start to get "mad". "Oh great mom, you have no place to stay tonight. We have to leave." And bless my mom's heart, the whole time she just smiled at Val and when I could not stand it anymore we yelled out "April Foools!" and told her Val was in on the joke.

The entire place erupted in laughter and I think a few of us laughed so hard that we cried. It was truly one of the funniest sickest jokes I ever played on my mom. The look on her face was priceless and we still talk about it to this day!

1 comments:

What a mean mean son! Makes me think of the time that we were having the garage sale at her house, and you came out carrying her favorite lamp to be sold in the garage sale.

About this blog

We are a committed gay couple of almost 10 years who are trying to start a family of our own. This is our story.

Those I Love

Followers

Blog Archive