Two Dads are Better than None

The adventures of two very adorable gay men trying to become fathers in a crazy ass world

I am the lamest person about updating my blog. My sister does it daily and I am lucky to do it, ohhh once a month...could it be because I have a JOB and spend all day behind a PC? Hmm..
 
Vacation - Our vacation to Destin was an absolute blast. Greg and I had to cancel our New Orleans leg ( thank you Gustav) and flew straight into Pensacola. My mom and Dawson rented a great house with a pool a couple of blocks from the beach. I know my mom had an absolutely wonderful Bday (and she deserved is). We ate, drank, hung out by the pool, ate, drank, went to the beach, ate drank, played games. Oh and did I mention we ate and drank? It was lots of fun and suprisingly 6 adults and 2 kids managed to get along well. It helped to have 5 bedrooms and 2 living rooms. It was great spending a week away from work and in hindsight it went by just too fast. We were there a week and I swear we were in bed by 9:30 every night. We had so much fun and I really cannot think of a better vacation for my family. We were not big vacationers growing up, mostly because a single mom can't really swing such things, so my mom made up for lost vacations very well. The house, food and company were all fabulous. I can honestly say that Destin has *some* of the nicest beaches I have every seem in my life. We are already talking about doing it again in a few years. (PS: Grandma may look topless in the pool, but I swear she was not...Dawson and Greg, well, that is a different story) : -)
 
Reunion - The week after vacation I had my 20 year High School reunion. People typically dread these things, but I was lucky enough to go to a very large high school (over 800 in my class) so a lot of us stayed in Texas or nearby in DFW. There was a party Friday night and a formal thing on Saturday. I had my buddy Todd fly in from Denver and Joey went with us too. It was like the three amigos and we were hell-raising 17 years olds again. It was great to see everyone, who had changed, who had not. Going to these events makes you feel old. You rememeber everyone's face and think " I remember when you put glue in your hair in the 2nd grade." Still we all had a good time and everyone asked why I didn't bring Greg (he didn't want to come).  I can't say I blame him..I had like 10+ years of growing up with these kids. It caused a nice pause for reflection. By Sunday I was spent and realized my old body cannot party like that anymore. Life is crazy how it all works out. It was fun! By the way, I am SOOO OVER hurricanes!!
( I included a picture of me from prom...yes, I  was a total goof, but weren't we all back then. II miss the carefree days of my youth! ) If you want to see the slide show, click on the titke for this entry

0 comments:

About this blog

We are a committed gay couple of almost 10 years who are trying to start a family of our own. This is our story.

Those I Love

Followers

Blog Archive