Two Dads are Better than None

The adventures of two very adorable gay men trying to become fathers in a crazy ass world

Christmas 2002

Besides this being our first Christmas together, Greg and I have seen a lot this past year. Last year around Christmas after being freaked out by the whole 9/11 thing in New York, Greg lost someone very dear to him. After a long fight, Keva passed away. Greg moved in with me on 53rd and 8th and we spent Christmas with our families seperately. We went on a cruise that was really nice (especially after that year in New York) and also spent a few days in England. My project was winding down and we both decided to head to Dallas since I still had a house there.

While leaving NY was one of the hardest things I have ever done, having Greg by my side made it much easier. So we packed up the Lexi and drove to Texi. We found jobs and spent many summer nights having drinks with friends on our patio. While it is easy to get sad and nostalgic about New York, I was very lucky to have the experience and meet someone as sweet and loving as Greg.

No sooner had we moved back to Dallas then my mom moved to Canada for her job. To give you an idea of what kind of mom I have, all my friends love her and she and I are really good friends. While I will admit, I was a bit of a "shit" growing up, my mother has made me into what I am today through lots of love and understanding. Read some of my short stories and you will have a glimpse into the kind of impact she has had on me.

Luckily my sister was firmly planted in Dallas, so I had her and James. I am her "mean" older brother but I know that she loves me a lot. The older you get the more important siblings become. They stick by you.

So mom came back to Dallas to spend the holidays with her kids and the puppies. Here are some pictures.



0 comments:

About this blog

We are a committed gay couple of almost 10 years who are trying to start a family of our own. This is our story.

Those I Love

Followers

Blog Archive